Upcycling Leftover Wax
Please visit my etsy shop!
Here are some symbols for (pendant, charm, amulet, altar, etc) purposes during the autumn and Samhain season. I tried to add some more original ones :D
Black Cat: Black cats are considered either very lucky or unlucky (depending on culture). Black cats are often noted to be associated with witches, usually as familiars. Cats also bring protection under the watch of the goddess Bastet.
Shell (Specifically Oyster): An Oysters shell can be used as representation for the moon due to their iridescent shine. A shell is also symbolic for protection since it is the protective shield for an animal. Also shells are associated with beauty (Aphrodite).
Mushroom: Mushrooms (specifically rings) are associated with fairies. Mushrooms are often associated with wisdom and magical power. Rebirth and death are themes associated with mushrooms due to their role as a decomposer.
Golden Skull: Skulls in general are symbolic of death. Golden skulls are actually associated in the death of an addiction. Wearing a golden skull and rubbing it three times a day while thinking about the negatives of your addiction is said to help break the addiction.
Scorpion: Scorpions are often used in magic for defensive and protective purposes. Focus and precision are qualities associated with a scorpion. Scorpions are the symbol for the zodiac sign Scorpio.
Mouse: A mouse is symbolic of many things. The presence of a mouse in the home can be viewed as a message for the need of cleanliness. Mice are a bountiful food source for many animals. A mouse is often associated with the sun god Apollo. Mice are also considered to symbolize self-preservation and humility.
For when you feel weighed down with negativity and your life needs a pick-up.\
- Mortar and pestle
- Black ink pen
- Cinnamon incense
- Garlic, three large cloves
- Black salt (you could try it with regular white salt, but black salt has a stronger kick to it)
- Rosemary, dried
- Lighter or matches
- Fresh basil leaves, three large (optional)
- Write three negative thoughts on paper with black ink.
- Rip the paper into as many pieces as you deem necessary.
- Set paper aside.
- In a mortar, mix black salt and dried rosemary, then grind with a pestle until fine.
- Lay paper over the top of the powder.
- Take a cinnamon incense stick and light it, using the first flame to light the paper.
- Rest the cinnamon stick over the burning paper and visualize the smoke as your negativity.
- While the incense burns, peel three large garlic cloves, then add the skins to the burnt paper and powder mixture. Turn the garlic over in your hands and imagine the smoke going into them, the garlic turning your negativity into solutions. Wrap them in the basil leaves to imbue them with the herb’s wealth and success properties.
- When the incense stick is finished burning, light the wooden end and set the garlic skins alight.
- When everything is burned, spit into the powder to finalize the spell, swill it around, then toss the mixture out a window or over a balcony.
- Cook the garlic in a dish of your choosing, making sure to eat all three cloves.
This spell was one I created on the fly when I got a wake-up call of a tarot reading, and two days later, I have received two calls about jobs, and today just got a new temp position that will enable me to also get a car and finally have mobility around the city on my own. Good luck in your own casting, I hope it works out as well for you as it has for me!
Mendeley is the greatest program ever
I want to weep with joy every time I use it
Just click a button when you pull up an article and it will automatically save it to your library
And cite it for you
And you can use it on your mobile devices
And it’s free
Just download it and you won’t have so many urges to kill everyone in sight while writing a research paper
Just go here and sign up with your college email. You can install it on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and iPads.